Monday, April 27, 2009

Dear Librarian, Send Help!

I need help with my research because I want to give proper credit for this...

Years ago, I remember reading an issue of Giant Robot (I think?!) that interviewed an artist about her work and one of her projects was a Shit Glitter pill. It was a big plastic capsule full of silver glitter in a package that said: Shit Glitter. The instructions were very simple.

She said this never really took off as a product though was obviously more conceptual anyhow...

I have been delighted by the Shit Glitter pill since reading about it. I think of it often and fondly.

Not knowing the artist's name, but wanting to, I decided to do a quick bit of Internet research and found this:

http://www.adrants.com/2007/12/if-you-cant-shit-roses-at-least-shit-glit.php


Now either my memory is completely whack or someone is ripping off the original artist and creator of said item. Or maybe she sold the rights to her "idea" to another artist, Tobias Wong, who manufactured the product but as real gold. To be even cheekier.

I tend not to trust my memory, because that's more fallible than hard evidence, but still.

I must know!!!!! Just what is the story of shitting glitter?!!!!

1 comment:

blipsandclicks said...

damn damn! moving day today, but once i get unpacked remind me again and i'll dig up that issue. Hearts!