Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Email With Lesser Beings Hurts Me...

But to try to pull something sincere from the flaming email wreckage, there is this:

I saw Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut today. I hope Mike Leigh forgives me (but did not see Happy Go Lucky). Most everyone I was with hated it, but he speaks to me. I found it so lovely it made me cry. This is not what anyone else will say about it. I would tell people not to see it in fact, unless I wanted them to hate me too.

Oh well. There are so few people in the world with any real creativity and brilliance.

Most people don't understand abstract thought I find and don't like art, which concept is a simple one: The tension (or play) between reality and abstraction = art. The more abstract one gets the more the audience thins. I tell you, there are few and rare airplanes flying at the greatest heights. I don't blame them. The air is thin enough to make breathing difficult.

That being said, Mister WiFi explained to me why Mr. Rogers was a genius, not by shedding insight on Fred Rogers but on the concept itself.

He said, "He was totally original and could never be replicated...THAT is GENIUS." So maybe I'm a little less offended by the term. But it is a lonely and loosely knit one.

Also Jwolfe told me that Mr. Rogers had a song that said, "Some folks are fancy on the outside and some folks are fancy on the inside...Every body's fancy, every body's fine..." which also gave me a new love of the Mister R.

Then two friends joined his fan club on facebook and sent it my way...Here's where I admit I went with the river on that one...

Who knew this week would be so full of hard-core Fred Rogers Love?

Huh?

No comments: