Monday, October 6, 2008

Secondly: The Wildlife

"No time like the present to work things out."

I somehow became an overnight Beastie Boys fan last week when two different times B-Boy song lyrics popped into my head and would NOT LEAVE. I had no idea I loved them so much.

But in a barely interesting game I am now playing with myself, I insist on asking anyone who's playing music if they would be so kind as to throw some Beastie Boys on the plate. Or up against the wall; to see what sticks; and other cliches.

I can't even remember the lyrics that got me going, but it wasn't, sadly, the ones above.

Then, as promised, I would like to address the wildlife via cutting and pasting an email to my mom:

"Mom-The suit was weird and I'm going to leave it on the curb but tell Mimi that I loved it. The cookies are delicious but I forgot they were in my room and some mice woke me up the night before last trying to get at them. Yuck. So I moved them into the fridge and last night the mice were back to wake me up...I chased them out of my room finally but realized today that they pooped in the box with the suit. Double yuck.

This house is crowded and gets field mice in the summer. I would get a cat but there is the dog. We've been trapping mice but they've gotten wise. Plus there are squirrels in the attic, rats in the garage, possums in the bushes, racoons in the trees and coyotes roaming the streets like a pack of wild hookers; cheeky but tough.

Enough I say.

Enough!"

I'd like to retro-actively title this post "Letters Home - Part IV"

Mercy.

No comments: